mercredi 4 avril 2007

Wrathy expresso

Off-topic: what Starbucks staff really think of us (maybe)...

Back in pokerland, meanwhile, there's now an alternative to caffeine, although whether Phil Hellmuth is the ideal advocate for 'endurance beverage' Pro Player, I'm not so sure. It could be argued this is a guy who needs mellowing out, not perking up.

"I'm excited about this refreshing product because it can truly change the way you feel during a long poker session," notes Hellmuth. "Other drinks pump you up for an hour or two and then bring you down a short time later as does having your aces cracked by 87o. Pro Player pumps me up for several hours without the crash and burn, allowing me to stay focused on bitching relentlessy at taking out players."

Sadly, whoever checked the the press release for bloopers took his eye off the ball in the closing paragraphs.
"With Pro Player, I can almost taste my 11th WSOP bracelet," says Hellmuth.

Hmmm: a drink that tastes like jewellery. Suddenly, I'm remembering the day I sucked coins as a kid, just to see what they tasted like.

Not a great mental association for any beverage.

Aucun commentaire: